New product introduced by Peltor is the Sports Tactical 500 hearing protection. Electronic hearing protection suppresses harmful gunshot noise while amplifying low-level sounds using proprietary 3M Smart technologies. Some features include:
- Dynamic Suppression Time Technology measures gunshot energy to set suppression time and adjusts recover time to reduce echoes, optimizing the shooting experience.
- Clear Voice Tracking Technology seeks voice within background noise and actively filters the noise to improve speech intelligibility.
- Bluetooth wireless technology to seamlessly sync to mobile devices. Make and receive phone calls though the headset.
- Adjustable headband for comfort and fit.
- Vented headband design to rlease heat and increase comfort when worn with hats.
- Soft, conformable ear cushions.
- 26 decibels NRR rating.
- Recessed microphones reduce wind and fan noise.
- Low-profile cups with cushioned cut-outs for long gun use and vibration dampening.
- Programmable Auto Shut-Off (2 or 4 hours) and easy-access battery door with tether.
- 3.5 mm audio import jack compatible with most mobile devices and 2-way radios.
- Runs on 2 AA batteries. (not included)